The Final Story
Here’s the factfile that I put together for a story which went out on BBC Radio Cumbria in November 2018. You can hear the final piece, with extra interviews done by BBC Radio Cumbria reporter John Bowness [1’20“] on BBC Sounds until December 7 2018.
- 696 hereditaments (properties) are eligible to vote with a combined rateable value of £14,056,250.
To successfully renew Kendal Business Improvement District for another five year team (2019-2024) there must be a majority:
- of the number of the businesses voting;
- and of the proportion of the rateable value of those voting
The turnout in the first Kendal BID election was reported as 43%.
If this was repeated, a successful renewal would require:
- 151 businesses to vote in favour with;
- at least £3,022,095 in combined rateable value.